1. Herod THORNTON, born 1742 - 1744 in North Carolina; died 1821 in Oglethorpe County, Georgia.
2. Thomas THORNTON, Jr., born 1744; died before May 05, 1832. He married Joanna.
3. Nathaniel THORNTON, born circa 1746 in Johnston County, North Carolina; died December 08, 1821 in Sampson County, North Carolina.
He married Millie ELDRIDGE 1774 in Sampson County, North Carolina; born 1753 in Sampson County, North Carolina.
4. John THORNTON, Sr., born August 31, 1749; died Bet. 1806 - 1807. He married Agnes HILL September 01, 1767 in Sampson County, North Carolina; born March 26, 1746 in Sampson County, North Carolina.
5. Benjamin THORNTON, born Bet. 1756 - 1765; died Bef. May 1823 in before age 25.. He married Sarah KENDRICKS March 1815 in Or 1 Oct 1763. Not sure about Benjamin being Thomas' son.
I have this bit of information from someone and am wondering if Thomas was born in Johnston Co. December 11, 1750, Thomas THORNTON (of Johnston County) bought 200 acres of land in Duplin County "on One of the branches of Cohary." 150 acres of this land was sold by Thomas THORNTON to John TEELE in 1756, who then sold the same 150 acres to Herrod THORNTON in 1759. Then in 1765 Herrod THORNTON sold this same 150 acres to Thomas THORNTON. The deed stated "Herrod THORNTON had moved from Duplin County to Johnston County (where he resided at the time of this deed) and was selling his former home." Herrod paid 35 pounds in 1759 and received 40 pounds for the same property in 1765. [975.6 P 485, Peterson, Abstracts Sampson - Duplin Deeds, 1750-1774, Pages 10, 56, 96.] On April 11, 1765, Herrod THORNTON bought 200 acres of land in Johnston county. [975.6 H 373, Haun, Johnston County, NC abstract books A-1, B-2, etc, 1759-1771, #22.] I welcome any correspondence. Marcine Lohman, c