This is a picture of the old Cabin School. It was located on the left side of North Blizzardtown Rd, about one-tenth of a mile from the intersection of Sarecta Rd and North Blizzardtown Rd. going toward NC 111. On July 6, 1912, D.F. and Maggie Baker sold one acre of land for $25.00 to the Duplin County Board of Education for the school site. Classes were held here until about 1926. The building survived until about the 1960s when it was demolished. Some of the teachers who taught there were Estelle Kennedy, Nora Mercer, Lula Mercer, Jennie Kornegay and Jimmie Kornegay, Lou Wood, and Clay Stanford.
Back to Duplin County Postcards & Old Photos
Back to Duplin County Page