History of Wallace

Contributed by Carol Robinson

The town of Wallace was first known as Duplin Roads and was incorporated
as such in 1873. Later, the town fathers decided to adopt a new name to honor
Stephen D Wallace, an official of the Atlantic Coast Line Railroad, which at the
time was the life-blood of the community. In 1899 the town was reincorporated 
as Wallace.

Return to History of Cities and Towns in Duplin County Return to Duplin County Page